[sdiy] PCB making: how to get a transparent foil with real black lines?

Peter Cornell peterc at onwe.co.za
Wed Feb 5 18:38:02 CET 2003

Hi Martin

I used an HP 690c inkjet for more than 7 years & generic Overhead Transparency Film. I used to print 2 copies & lay them one over the other to create a double layer. I have recently replaced the HP with a Lexmark Z45 & have the same good results. The 890c should work fine.

For exposure, I have 2 x 18watt Phillips UV tubes & use the PCB suppliers suggested exposure time (30 secs) at about 15 cm distance.

Peter