[sdiy] tube ladder

Tim Ressel madhun2001 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 29 21:44:23 CEST 2002

Yo,

I've been studying pentodes and such to see if this
solves the problem(s). I'm not sure it does. Its the
current range that is the hangup. A diode can vary its
current over several decades and still operate. I
don't see a pentode yielding that king of range. I saw
the same thing trying tube diodes. The current range
just wasn't that great.

I'm starting to wonder if the best we're gonna get on
this is tubes for the output diff amp. That would put
tubes in the signal (feedback) loop, but leave the
semi's in the ladder.

--tr