[sdiy] WinTel Keyboard by 2

Batz Goodfortune batzman at all-electric.com
Fri Jun 28 14:31:06 CEST 2002

Y-ellow 'n' thanks John and Roman.
         Armed with that information I was able to track down some good
descriptions of what's what.

I had forgotten about the clock signal but it seems not to be a problem.
The clock is generated by the keyboard but it listens for the clock to be
pulled down by the host. So theoretically, a keyboard will shut up and
listen if something pulls the clock line low and it wasn't it self doing
the pulling.

It looks like therefore that a diode on one of the data lines would prevent
that keyboard from ever receiving any data but it would not attempt to talk
if either the host or the other keyboard were having a chat. And that
should be all that's required since there seems to be a 4K7 pull up at both
ends. The only problem with that is that the LEDs on one of the keyboard
would never light up because it can't hear the host telling it to light them.

It seems to be suggesting that you could in fact slam two keyboards
together without any regard but I just can't work out if the acks and nacks
are going to collide. But I guess armed with this, I could suck it and see
eh. Not that it's important that one of the keyboards remains dark as it
probably won't look like a keyboard as such exactly but I'd be interested
to see what does actually end up happening.

Anyway. Thanks once again. Most appreciated.

|_,__/ \__,_|\__|/ /    Bullshit --> http://all-electric.com
Goodfortune    |_____|