[sdiy] ROM burners

Ingo Debus debus at cityweb.de
Thu Jun 27 17:48:46 CEST 2002

Jim Patchell wrote:
>     Also, I saw the 2708 mentioned in a few posts today.  The EMP-10 (which
> is what costs 220) does not, as near as I can tell, support this device.  You
> will be hard pressed to find a programmer that does.

The 2708 needs some additional supply voltages (+12V and -5V), this
might be the reason why newer programmers don't support it. But who
would want to program a 2708 today? The 2716 is almost pin-compatible
and requires only +5V (in read mode).
A thing that can read old 2708s can probably be DIY'ed.

Ingo