[sdiy] Starting my next major project...

Dave Magnuson resfreq at hoohahrecords.com
Wed Jun 26 23:51:22 CEST 2002

At 11:42 AM 6/26/02 -0500, Grant Richter wrote:

>In Wiard modules, each potentiometer is it's own subassembly with a 3 pin KK
>connector. This was done so the pots can be replaced in 3 minutes flat
>without soldering equipment. I have a college student friend assemble them
>by the hundreds.

Hey Grant,

Interesting concept...  I have some PCB mount pots (.100" lead spacing)
that would probably accept KK series connectors.  Do you have any problems
with the long-term reliability of the connection?  This would be a slick
way to make the pots field serviceable.  I'll have to try this on a module
and see how it holds up.

Good idea!

Dave Magnuson

Resonant Frequency: