[sdiy] OT- repair clear plastic knob

tpaddock at seanet.com tpaddock at seanet.com
Wed Jun 26 13:41:49 CEST 2002

I just got a signal generator and I was
taking the knobs off to clean under them.
Everything was fine till I had the thought:
"I gotta be careful, this knob might break if I drop
it on the hard floor. That would be a bummer."

So...
It's the clear plastic dial-skirt-bezel-thing that's
cracked. No missing pieces, just a crack, just a big
nasty ugly crack. Here's one just like it on ebay.
You can see what the knobs look like.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1361497056
Or search for item 1361497056

I'd like to fill the crack with something so light
doesn't reflect off it and it won't be so visible.
Doesn't have to be strong.
I can use a vacuum chamber if that helps.

The good news is that it works. Freq range is
1mHz-1.999999999MHz, so I thought it would make a
good LFO, tuning standard, and ring mod carrier.

Thanks,
Toby Paddock