[sdiy] ROM burners

greg montalbano greg.montalbano at ucop.edu
Wed Jun 26 19:04:46 CEST 2002

Someone on posted a note regarding ROM images for one of the intermediate
Prophet 5s.  I've been considering getting a burner to back up the EPROMs
on my old synths;  also been thinking about building an archive of ROM
images from as many old units as I can (these things will only keep
disappearing as time goes on).
Towards this end, I would like to solicit suggestions as to appropriate
burners that are currently available, from people who are familiar with
them, keeping in mind
1) I've never used one of these before
2) I can't see spending $500 -1000 for one.
Any advice?
Thanks.

~GMM