[sdiy] Kenton to STOP MIDI kits!

Hallvard Tangeraas northstar2010 at yahoo.no
Wed Jun 26 12:35:57 CEST 2002

At 11:37 +0200 26-06-02, Kristian Borgstedt wrote:

>If they should stop building these, then I think they at least could do like
>PAIA and put the schematics on the web, so people can build their own... :)

I didn't know PAIA has done this. Do they have any MIDI retrofits
available? Especially for the Roland TR-808 drum machine which I have.

>Or if they want to make money, make it possible to buy only the
>schematics...?

Yeah. That would be nice. At least if they don't use custom ICs or
something which is impossible to get hold of for the rest of us.

>It would be sad for all those products that they have developed just to
>"disapear", and then later when someone wants to retrofit an old synth they
>have to start all over with developing etc etc... :( Well I find it sad at
>least....

Agreed. Why don't you contact them and suggest it directly to them. They
probably don't have time to (or even know about) this mailing list.

Hallvard
--
Notator/Creator SL : <http://www.notator.org>
Atari Launchpad    : <http://launchpad.atari.org>