[sdiy] HP frequency counter

Peter Grenader petergrenader at mksound.com
Wed Jun 26 08:53:25 CEST 2002

i just bought a 30 year old HP  5381A freq counter from Ebats.

I know this is a sore subject, but do any of you guys know how complicated
it would be for me to replace the BNC with a mini?  I'm only going to use it
as a reference when documenting patches on the beast and an occational
oscilator re-cal or two,  Nothing above the range of the Blacet osc's.

I'm wondering if it's a major problem to get to the back of the faceplate or
if that connector is board mounted.  if its a prob, I'll just make a
conversion box.

any info would be grand.

thanks,