[sdiy] Starting my next major project...

j vallier peff2cv at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 26 05:41:26 CEST 2002

Hi Jim,

I read about your PC mounting woes with Pots. There is a company called A/D
electronics in WA that sells pots, swithces and jack OEM. Sometimes they
have stock in USA that you can dip into and avoid having to buy a zillion. I
used to buy in lots of 100, but if you're making a modular, chances are
you'll need a lot of the same values anyway. One option is to decide on a
panel format and go in with a few list members on an order. They sell
offshore parts in a variety of qualities--I used to buy them at about 20
cents a pop. Not Clarostat quality, but I never had any major problems with
them.

I can dig up a catalog if you wish or you can get from them. Let me know if
you ned their contact info.

HTH

Jeff