[sdiy] 1N4148 Diode Substitutions?

Cynthia Webster cynthia.webster at gte.net
Tue Jun 25 21:26:18 CEST 2002

Hi!

I was just about to order a large batch of 1N4148's and I realized
that I already have oodles of strange diodes that I'm not familiar with...

For what we do, does anyone know if 1N959b diodes will work as a 1N4148
or 914 replacement?

Due to a grab bag internet purchase I have about two-hundred
ITT FH  920 diodes, and almost as many ITT and IR 809 29  units

I did a search on the archives but didn't find an answer, anyone know?

Thanks

Cynthia

I guess that I usually take diodes for granted, (Sorry diodes!)
is there a "Secret Life of Diodes" type site anywhere for such info?
I thought I'd ask here first - before plowing into company datasheets
that usually leave my head numb and my eyes swimming LOL!