[sdiy] socket question

Happy Harry paia2720 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 25 19:49:13 CEST 2002

I would use AMP Diplomate brand and not be worried at all...
they have such high pressure at the contact area they are
like a wire wrap (gas tight) connection... and with the
wiping action and excellent retention force...

I use tin-lead plated (not gold).

The latest batch I got seemed a little less robust than the
old stock (maybe 10 years older)... I'm slightly concerned.
In higher pin count (14 pin and higher) I'd expect no problems.

H^) harry