[sdiy] socket question

greg montalbano greg.montalbano at ucop.edu
Tue Jun 25 19:10:51 CEST 2002

I've been trying to track down some bizarre malfunctions on the digital
side of a P-600.  Most of the 74LS and CMOS chips on the board are soldered
in;  I plan to replace the suspect chips with sockets, to facilitate future
testing.

Someone told me that sockets, in certain applications, can cause more
problems than they solve;  looking at this Z-80 support circuitry, it
appears to me that there's nothing THAT sensitive that I need to worry
about ....
but I thought I'd put the question out there, just to be sure.

Thanks.

~GMM