[sdiy] Mouldy Meter.

Batz Goodfortune batzman at all-electric.com
Sun Jun 23 15:34:16 CEST 2002

Y-ellow Y'all.
         Thanks for the advice. I just bought the thing so we'll see how
much crap it is when it lands.

I totally agree about the published stats on devices. Nothing Pisses me off
more in this realm than PMPO for example. Or when they say things like.
20hz to 20kHz -3dB. Yeah? 3dB where? All the way from 1K up?

Or the Tandy amp rated at 100 watts RMS that you can easily balance on the
end of your finger. Mmm. Maybe it's a switchmode amp? Till you look at the
fine print and read. 100watts RMS /channel when run on a laboratory power
supply. Else it probably pushes a good 10 watts.

I mean I could be wrong. Maybe they've found a new technology to make power
transformers smaller these days? Much Smaller! If that's the case the
transformer in these wonderful 200 watt computer speakers here must be so
small the manufacturers risk it inverting into antimatter and exploding.

But at least this meter had specs. I went to the web page of a local toy
retailer here and even their 200 dollar meters were advertised without
specifications. So I bought this thing and I guess we'll find out.

Thanks muchley for the advice.

Be absolutely Icebox.

|_,__/ \__,_|\__|/ /    Bullshit --> http://all-electric.com
Goodfortune    |_____|