[sdiy] tube ladder

Scott Gravenhorst music.maker at gte.net
Sat Jun 22 15:18:18 CEST 2002

Eh...  "breadboard".  I used plywood for projects when I was
a kid.  I had porcelain pedestal type sockets for tubes.
No fires, but this is an anecdote.

harry <harrybissell at prodigy.net> wrote:
>Plywood makes a poor ground plane... I'd avoid it. Possible fire hazard...
>but not a major one...
>
>H^) harry
>
>media.nai at rcn.com wrote:

>> >yes, in fact any device having control grids can be used.
>>
>> Any reason why it hasn't been done??
>>
>> >A vari-mu device simply has a more gradual negative
>> >Ia/Vg slope, making it easier to control.
>>
>> Yes, I've seen the charts in reference to RF amplifiers.
>>
>> >A bonus with vari-mu pentodes is that you can buy
>> >tens of thousands of them for absurdly low prices...
>>
>> Are there any particular remote-cutoff pentodes that you would recommend
>> for audio applications such as a VCF??
>>
>> Perhaps a VCA/VCF using the same tubes could be built to run off of the
>> same PS.  That could make a nice diy project, especially considering that
>> etching PCB's might not be necessary.  While all the point-to-point tube
>> devices I've seen use brass or steel, couldn't the sockets be mounted on a
>> sheet of plywood in a metal rack box, or is that a fire hazard??
>
>--
>Jihad Terrorism Conspiracy New World Order
>Revolution Black Helicopters Freedom of
>Speech First Amendment Rights: Carnivore Bait
>go ahead and READ my e-mail I have nothing to
>hide... how about YOU ???

- What good are laws that only lawyers understand?
- Government: The other religion.
- The media's credibility should always be questioned.
- Lambs who lie down with lions are lunch.

-- Scott Gravenhorst | LegoManiac / Lego Trains / RIS 1.5
-- Linux Rex         | RedWebMail by RedStarWare
-- FatMan: home1.GTE.NET/res0658s/FatMan/
-- NonFatMan: home1.GTE.NET/res0658s/electronics/