[sdiy] Mouldy Meter.

Batz Goodfortune batzman at all-electric.com
Sat Jun 22 16:00:15 CEST 2002

Y-ellow All.
         I saw this for sale for AUD$42 bux. It doesn't look all that great
to me but it's probably better than my old SOAR. Which is getting a bit
tired and sore these days. Or my other one which is unknown but uses a
9volt battery so naturally, it's never got one.

I'd be interested in comments as to whether to lash out and buy this thing
or if it's a complete and total toy. I'm not worried if it doesn't compare
to a fluke. I'd love a fluke but who can afford one? I'm just interested in
comparing it to the average sort of meter everyone's using. If it's usable
I'll snap at it. If it's total crap I'll try and contain my embarrassment
in even asking.

Just that is says "Base accuracy: ±0.5% of reading" Now if that means
tolerance then that's not real good to my mind. (Bearing in mind that my
brain it self has a tolerance of about 50% these days) Half LSB I can
understand but what the hell does "Base accuracy" mean? That would be like
5mA per AMP out or so. Having no clue as to what sort of accuracy I'm
getting now, I don't know how that compares. But it does have a couple of
features which would make my life a little more comfortable right now. And
it's cheap enough that I could actually afford it.

Anyway, here's the blurb. Thanks in advance.

Be absolutely Icebox.

Auto Ranging Digital Multi-meter • Capacitance • Frequency • Diode Test •
Data Hold • Relative Measurement Function. Once the electrical value is
chosen i.e. volts, current etc., the meter selects the most appropriate
display range (with manual override). Relative measurements can be made
using the REL function. Other features include data hold, frequency,
capacitance and diode test.

Specifications: DC Voltage: 400mV, 4V, 40V, 400V 600V. Base accuracy: ±0.5%
of reading AC/DC Volt: 400mV, 4V, 40V, 400V, 600V. Base accuracy: ±0.5% of
reading DC Current: 400µA, 4µA, 40mA, 400mA, 10A Base accuracy: ±0.8% of
reading AC Current: 400µA, 4µA, 40mA, 200mA, 10A Base accuracy: ±2.0% of
reading Resistance: 400W, 4KW, 40KW, 400KW, 4MW & 40MW Base accuracy: ±0.5%
of reading Capacitance: 4nF, 40nF, 400nF, 4µ, 40µF Base accuracy: ±0.5% of
reading Frequency: up to 10Mhz ±0.05% of reading Duty cycle: 1% to 99%
±0.05% of reading Size: 75(W) x 38(H) x 150(L) Input impedance bottom
voltage ranges: 10MW.

|_,__/ \__,_|\__|/ /    Bullshit --> http://all-electric.com
Goodfortune    |_____|