[sdiy] Steel drum synth

Peter Grenader pgrenader at mksound.com
Fri Jun 21 15:27:34 CEST 2002

Ring will give you close to the basic timbre - but there is a very strange
natural filter envelope to a steel drum.  There will need to be a goodly
amount of secondary processing AFTER the ring involving a highpass filter,
probably two in parallel, being simularily (but not exactly) controlled by
two differnet transcient envelope generators. There is also a bit of audio
range AM going on as well.

This actually is a call for a Frequency Shifter (there I go again).  I'm
serious though - you'd have better results by hering only the sum of the two
inputs waves.