[sdiy] tube ladder

Tim Ressel madhun2001 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 21 07:37:41 CEST 2002

Nope, it kinda dried up. The ladder filter relies on
the emitter resistance of a transistor (or the
impedance of a diode) changing by varying the current
through the device. There does not seem to be an
equivenant mechanism in a triode. And while tube
diodes do show this property, it didn't seem to vary
enough to be useful.

Then the rain started in my life, and all work on this
end has halted. I think it needs to be further
hammered on as an intellectual discussion. I for one
need to grok tubes in fullness.

--TR