[sdiy] DCO theory

phillip m gallo philgallo at attglobal.net
Tue Jun 18 16:54:33 CEST 2002

I havent thrown one of my Rolands on a scope yet ( may do that tonight ) but
wouldnt this make a choppy malformed sawtooth?  Wait. You said Sawtooth not
triangle.  I'd still think that you couldnt get a clean waveform this way
or maybe I'm just not groking this yet.

-->No. The Timer output pulse just saturates a transistor to "short" across
the integrator cap to restart the ramp.  In a analog VCO a comparitor's
output performs this function.  This is a hybrid  digital modulated/analog
oscillator.

regards,

---