[sdiy] Use the Browser as the Interface? Re: James Coplin Re: [AH] Wack idea or no?

Cynthia Webster cynthia.webster at gte.net
Sun Jun 16 23:07:12 CEST 2002

Hi Pete!

Say, an idea might be to get together with James Coplin the guy who just
re-wrote that beautiful Serge Modular Planner website...
(Fabulous Job James)!

How about using the same graphic files he is using, and being able to
configure a database of all the modules from all the companies out there
 (as parts of future upgrades to all of the module brand planners)...

Start with Serge because the complete graphics database exists.
Then add on other brands of modules.  (I'll gladly help with Modcan)

A Modcan Planner, A Buchlq Planner, a Blacet Planner, MOTM, Technosaurus,
Aries, Arrick, all of that...
(Some of these already exist or at least did a few moths ago)?

That way you both have uses for the files and share a common cataloging
system, but for different purposes...  (Perhaps even other uses still)?

This way it could be done platform independent and anyone could configure
modules a certain way, and then ideally eMail the code or the files back and
forth to share patches across the web.

A graphic module purchasing and connectivity interactive database / Language
Perhaps We could All get involved in building the database and sharing in
it's creation?

There is that Knobulator site with lists of every synthesizer knob, and
function, I wonder if it already has lots of individual modules in it?

Maybe it is a wack idea, but it's a neat one!

Best Wishes!

Cynthia