[sdiy] Wack idea or no?

jbv jbv.silences at club-internet.fr
Mon Jun 17 00:57:46 CEST 2002

Peter,

This is an idea that I've had for quite some time,
and I even started to work on it.

The only (but main) question I have is : how are
you planing to interface that piece of software to
the analogue electronic circuitry ?
I was thinking of MIDI sysex through the serial
port, as I don't think there will be much data to
transfer, as long as only patches are concerned.

Next question : should controls relative to each
module be adjustable in real time on the screen ?
If yes, the amount of data might be somewhat
more important...

Anyway,I was planing a multi-platform development :
windoze, mac & Linux.

I don't have much time to discuss this right now,
but I definetely like the idea, and I'm open to further
discussions.
Comments are welcome.

JB