[sdiy] Wack idea or no?

Peter Grenader petergrenader at mksound.com
Sun Jun 16 20:27:28 CEST 2002

OK, i've got modular again.  Almost finished - three modules that I made
just have to mounted inside the cabinet with I/Os to the faceplate and the
fat lady sings.  I'll be posting new pictures tonight.

So, I'm dinkng around again and I'm getting sound events I like and,  I am
realizing that I must once agian write them down in some sort of hyroglif if
I am to call them up precisely at a later time.  Oh joy.

So, I'm thinking...how about a program that allows you to create little
boxes that represent each module, that you can arrange in a block diagram
and make lines to interconnect between them.

Further, it would have to be arranged so that if you clicked on any of the
boxes, that another screen would pop up with all of the controls and their
critical settings.

It would be much like Reaktor's way of showing patches, but each would have
to be set up for and by the user (each module would have to be assigned for
any given user's specific synth).

I think it's a great idea and I want somebody to write it for me, for free!

anyone?

anyone?

OK OK OK...i MIGHT do it myself.  If I do though, it will be Mac based.  I
think there is a viable product in there somewhere.

Peoples....give me feedback....is this wack or what?

Peter