[sdiy] TMS 7000 copy?

David Anderson andersdl at acsu.buffalo.edu
Sun Jun 16 16:11:54 CEST 2002

The TMS7000 is processor and ROM (probably mask-programmed). You'd need to
copy the processor core (there are probably Xilinx or other devices that
could work), building a working prototype of the processor, and then
somehow get the Siel code out of the device. Oh, and make sure you have
enough pins to interface between the custom processor and the EPROM (a
serial eprom might be a good idea). All of this is a long way of saying
that your Siel is probably good for replacing parts in a similarly dead
Siel.

Or, if you're really brave, you could just build up your own CPU board :)
It'd be an opportunity to add loads of new features..

A final thought: a google search for TMS7000 turned up a number of useful