[sdiy] Time for a NEW string - Piezo Switches!!!

Rude 66 r.lekx at chello.nl
Sun Jun 16 14:08:31 CEST 2002

i remember using piezo switches when i built my own drum pads. basically a
piece of wood, line it with rubber on top and stick the piezo on the bottom.
i don't know if it'll work with these ones, but i remember being surprised
it actiually worked and was somewhat velocity sensitive. only the rubber
didn't 'spring' which made your hands/wrists pretty tired after about 2
minutes of drumming..
but hey, it was nothing compared to the 'metal bars on metal oil barrels'
industrial percussion we used to do..;-)

r./