[sdiy] Time for a NEW string - Piezo Switches!!!

Peter Grenader petergrenader at mksound.com
Sun Jun 16 06:32:46 CEST 2002

Ya see...I was thinking about using five or so just to manually generate
triggers.  then immediately I started thinking of having it work like a
Serge programmer, but I want to stop myself because I am getting burnt out
on making things!

So i'm tossing around ideas in my head.  I need a way to generate triggers
manually without usng the keyboard and Midi to CV.

Regarding how it works: Upon trying it, I realized that the first switch I
got from them (which was a sample) was broken.  The ten I ordered work fine.
You use it like a regular momentary switch.  Press with a little force and
it closes.  No power, no fuss, no muss.

Problem is, it takes a little more pressure than I may be willing to deal
with for a manual trigger.  This peeves me a bit as these switches ain't
cheap (10 bucks a crack).

A thing I like about them though is they are huge, about 5/8" in diameter,
which is cool for a touch plate.  But the holes required for mounting are
also huge, and I don't have a half inch chuck in my drill...but I guess I
could get one.