[sdiy] Time for a NEW string - Piezo Switches!!!

Batz Goodfortune batzman at all-electric.com
Sun Jun 16 06:29:51 CEST 2002

Y-ellow Jim, Peter et all.

At 08:35 PM 6/15/02 -0700, patchell wrote:
>     I hesitate to respond because I suspect I am completely wrong about
>this....
>
>     I was under impresion that a Peizo device outputs voltage that is
>proportional to the "change" in presure, ie, constant presure = no voltage.
>The hydraphones I worked with a long time ago were like that at least.

I had a look at the cattledog a little while ago. They say that there is a
switching circuit (of various configurations) mounted in the back of the
thing and completely sealed. They say that it requires no power and is a
passive device. This is pretty weird?

I would have suspected that the tiny amount of charge generated by a few
microns of moment (as they suggest) would not be enough to do anything
particularly useful with. Let alone power even a micro-power switching
circuit. And they have a model with a built in relay as well. I mean a
Mechanical relay.

Of course the one thing I could not find in the cattledog was any kind of
explanation of how you hook these things up. They look pretty cool but all
the single ones are round. I hate round buttons.

I guess an extensive web search would be in order but though I'm extremely
curious about these things, I haven't got time right now. But I can only
suggest plugging a few key words from the cattledog into google and see
what you come up with.

Be absolutely Icebox.

|_,__/ \__,_|\__|/ /    Bullshit --> http://all-electric.com
Goodfortune    |_____|