[sdiy] Getting over eBay (rant)

Batz Goodfortune batzman at all-electric.com
Sun Jun 16 05:11:28 CEST 2002

Y-ellow David 'n' all.

At 05:02 PM 6/15/02 -0400, David Erik Nelson wrote:
>Maybe our Nipponesse colleagues are pulling seasoned old pine from the
>bottom of the Great Lakes to make pianos.

Either that or it's winding up in Japanese restaurants.

>This is one of those moments when you realize that you *are living* in
>the "William Gibson" vision of the future.

You know I've been thinking that for some time. Except we've got none of
the good bits. Personally I want to make some serious modifications to this
body. And the thought of having built in mirror shades with data displays
on the inside somehow appeals to me. Although I draw the line at living in
a vat of soup with my brain connected to the matrix. Though the difference
between that and living in South Australia is rather subtle.

Be absolutely Icebox.

|_,__/ \__,_|\__|/ /    Bullshit --> http://all-electric.com
Goodfortune    |_____|