Connectors was [sdiy] Panels: early results

Terry Michaels 104065.2340 at compuserve.com
Fri Jun 14 19:15:12 CEST 2002

Message text written by "John L Marshall"
>RF patchbays exist. I don't recall which connector is used. The connector
is
none of the above.

Take care,
John<

Hi John:

I have been in many microwave relay stations, all of the RF patchbays I've
seen use a 75 ohm version of an SMB connector, it is somewhat larger in
diameter  than the more common 50 ohm SMB.

This connector is fairly small overall, and usually gold plated.  It takes
a greater amount of effort to mate these up compared to a 1/4" phone plug
or similar.  Once mated, they remain very securely together.

Terry Michaels