Connectors was [sdiy] Panels: early results

John L Marshall john.l.marshall at gte.net
Fri Jun 14 04:59:09 CEST 2002

RCA: not designed for repeated plug/unplug cycles. Center pin and shell
connection will wear out. Could be used for RF.

BNC/TNC: Relatively more expensive. Need some room to connect/disconnect.
Recommended for RF (radio frequencies, >100KHz?)

SMA/SMB: Small. May not hold up with repeated use. Recommended for RF.

F: Cheap. May not hold up with repeated use. Recommended for RF.

Banana: Cheap. Flexible. Not recommended for RF.

RF patchbays exist. I don't recall which connector is used. The connector is
none of the above.

Take care,
John