[sdiy] Panels: early results

Peter Grenader pgrenader at mksound.com
Thu Jun 13 16:59:58 CEST 2002

BNC would be obnoxious!

Can you imagine doing a big patch with BNC's?  A mult panel would take up a
foot of panel space.

Seriously,  what is the bigga-deal with mini's?  Banana'a are great because
they stack, but it there any sonic defficiency from a mini plug? They are
relatively small and because of that allow for relatively small components,
which means more components/square inch, they unplug easily, they are just
as reliable as any other kind of connector outside of a BNC because of it's
locking...but...

Is there any real problem with mini's??