up the wazoo for nada! Re: [sdiy] Panels: BNC Bananas Video

Cynthia Webster cynthia.webster at gte.net
Thu Jun 13 21:59:33 CEST 2002

I feel that BNC should stay strictly video, (it's bad enough that Lit Lite
also uses them for their 12 VDC control board lights)...

RCAs are so inexpensive!  You can have them up the wazoo for nada!

Why not?  A system I've always liked the thought of, is the idea of making
double everything modules for a stereo modular using stereo patch cords
for audio, for control voltages, double everything!
Talk about fat sounding...

Presently I'm wondering what connectors to use for an analog video
synthesizer, and I guess BNC for starters, because most of my gear uses them
already; however I hope to get my Modcan and banana jacks into the act...

Eventually I might make some 9 inch by 2.25 inch Modcan size video panels
for my system with banana jacks.  I wonder how video would be with bananas?
I could use shielded cable behind the front panels though, and box each
module metal Faraday cage style with a cheapo LMB chassis box in back.

Cynthia