[sdiy] Panels: early results

Jim Patchell patchell at silcom.com
Thu Jun 13 21:58:53 CEST 2002

    RCA connectors just don't seem to be designed for a lot of use.  Although,
my experience with the 3.5mm (although, when I used them, they were called 1/8"
(-:  ) jacks would say the RCA's can't be worse...Still, RCA jacks can be more
difficult to unplug.  Some of the ones on my stereo are pretty tight.

    BNC's would be nice, but they are more expensive than 1/4" Jacks, and also,
when you have a lot of them on the panel, it can be difficult to remove them.

    -Jim