[sdiy] Getting over eBay (rant)

Batz Goodfortune batzman at all-electric.com
Thu Jun 13 16:32:56 CEST 2002

Y-ellow All.

At 12:25 AM 6/13/02 +0100, Merv Thomas wrote:

>Another option, becoming more prevalent now is to export it to Europe. Their
>high end cars, like the Mitsubishi Evo3 and Subaru Impreza are coming into
>the UK at well below local market prices - paid just over half the going
>rate for my 'grey' Impreza. Getting your local dealer within a hundred feet
>of it ain't so easy though. Their excuse, as Neil mentioned with Honda is
>that the car ain't 'up to European standards'. Total bollocks!

There is, or use to be, a company or two here that imported Japanese car
parts. Engines in particular. From 3 year old or so Jap cars up for scrap.
Then they'd stock pile them and sell them. When the average car in the
Australian fleet get's hammered for 20 years or so, they can make a lot of
money doing this. A car engine that's been driven in Japan for 3 years is
like a car engine in Australia that's just getting worn in.

Now I wonder if there'd be a market for old discarded Japanese electronics
like that?

Be absolutely icebox.

|_,__/ \__,_|\__|/ /    Bullshit --> http://all-electric.com
Goodfortune    |_____|