[sdiy] Getting over eBay (rant)

Rude 66 r.lekx at chello.nl
Wed Jun 12 22:32:46 CEST 2002

so it's your type who comes to amsterdam and buys up all our bikes! ;-)

the reason everything is so cheap here for foreigners is that our government
taxes the hell out of cars and bikes. so to keep prices comparative to other
countries, they make the price before tax a lot lower in holland. and since
foreigners don't pay our taxes but the ones from their country, it pays off.
we have the same problem here with musical instruments. you go across the
border to germany and a synth can be 30-50 % cheaper than in holland. but a
lot of dutch stores will not service them, or importers don't give
warranties. it's all politics..

r./