[sdiy] wanting "good" envelopes, not "bad"

Tony Allgood oakley at techrepairs.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Jun 12 18:24:38 CEST 2002

>  One way I considered doing a "software EG" was more of a compromise
between hardware and software.

This method works very well in the little Moog Source. OTA based
integrator controlled by the u-proc.

And on the subject of envelopes... the Korg Polysix has six hardware
EGs, the SSM2056. Then sticks the outputs through a multiplexor which
feeds a single OTA based VCA to control the filter sweep depth. The
output of the VCA is then de-mpx and sent to the filters. On fast EG
times you can actually hear the delay caused by the scanning mpx.

I have been thinking about splitting this CV path for a while now and
see what actual difference it will make.

Regards,

Tony Allgood                       Penrith, Cumbria, England

Oakley Sound Systems                     www.oakleysound.com
Modular projects            www.oakleysound.com/projects.htm