[sdiy] Howto merge 2 MIDI streams?

mervynt at mezzie.demon.co.uk mervynt at mezzie.demon.co.uk
Wed Jun 12 13:40:51 CEST 2002

OK Obe-Wans, I have a PC based sequencer and a knob box (almost complete) and want to find a way to merge the MIDI data from these 2 sources into my synth.

I know I could buy something - Phil Rees etc, but where's the fun in that?

How can I do it? I've figured out all by myself that I need a box with 2 MIDI ins and a MIDI out, maybe MIDI thru's as well - see, I'm starting to get the hang of this - but haven't got a clue as to what goes on in between.

Any help/advice gratefully received.

Happy trails...

Merv.