[sdiy] Circus for a Sherwood A1-1110 amp.

Batz Goodfortune batzman at all-electric.com
Wed Jun 12 08:09:35 CEST 2002

Y-ellow Y'all.
         Just wondering if anyone might by any chance have a road map for a
Sherwood A1-1110 amp they could scan me? Or is it a Sherwood AI-1110?
Buggered if I can work it out.

I got this thing up on the hoist and it has a tendency to blow the main PSU
fuses after the rectum-fires and caps. I put it on the very-hack and
brought it up to about 200 volts and produced some smoke-emitting diodes.
Fortunately I didn't blow the fuses this time because I've only got one
pair of 4 amp fuses left. (The really small ones like 3AG. I can never
remember what they're called.) I suspect one of the power transistors is
pulling hard against the other since there is no obvious shorts.

Alternatively if anyone knows where I might get a bunch of these mysterious
Jap transistors. 2SA1490 and 2SC3854 (I assume it's a "2S" prefix) They're
prolly just 2N3055 2955 clones but I have no idea what is what.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd most appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Be absolutely Icebox.

|_,__/ \__,_|\__|/ /    Bullshit --> http://all-electric.com
Goodfortune    |_____|