uC Wars part 237534 - was:Re: [sdiy] super cheap synthisizers

Sowa Roman Roman.Sowa at upc.com.pl
Wed Jun 12 11:25:25 CEST 2002

What is the 2nd register on PIC? I thought they have only one - W...
But actually any memory location is treated as a register, and you can
do more with it than with W register (bit manipulation, shift, etc).

And true, paged memory approach is ugly in PIC, but it involves
mainly control registers that are accessed not so often. PICs with more
memmory have that also paged, though I never wrote a program that uses
so much memmory. PICs were designed for simple stuff, like hacking
pay-TV, or game consoles ;-)

Roman