[sdiy] Panels and cases

Ken Stone sasami at hotkey.net.au
Tue Jun 11 07:41:32 CEST 2002

Graphics aside (!) I consider the 5U moog style panels I use to be SMALL!
Anything smaller is getting really cramped. Personally I find the MOTM
panels too narrow (narrower than moog). I have some 4U stuff (serge, and a
modded Roland) and what they save in height they lose in width. 4U high with
4 "unit" modules per rack width seems to be comfortable.

As for jacks, the following is a brief summary of the good points:

3.5mm - compact, normalized
6.5mm - robust, normalized
banana - stackable, colorful (for color coding).

For me it would be either 3.5mm or banana. I'm stuck with 3.5 because my
first synth, a Roland, used them.

Ken

Ken Stone   sasami at hotkey.net.au
Modular Synth PCBs for sale <http://www.blaze.net.au/~sasami/synth/>