[sdiy] Panels and cases

harry harrybissell at prodigy.net
Tue Jun 11 04:50:00 CEST 2002

I like 'em big too, Larry....

I'm using a clone of the Aries size modules... 9" x 3".  They use a motley
assortment of pin jacks (an early PAiA standard) and 1/8" phone jacks
(Aries and PAiA).

I would ditch the pin jacks today... and might go either 1/8" ~or~ 1/4"

For most of my work I'm using 1U reack mount modules.  If I were to build a
totally
new modular, I'd use 1U x 5" deep rack cases from sescom.com. Then I could
do a 12U in an SKB pop-up mixer case.  I'd do a multi-vco module, a VCF
with ADSR and LFO in one module... a multi VCA... etc.

what I just MIGHT do (other than dream...) is make a series of hex modules
for my guitar synthesis uses... like a hex Moog ladder, a Hex envelope follower
and lag, Hex ADSR (of sorts)... Hex LFO, Hex phaser and vibrato, and maybe
a Hex patch memory for the whole thing... THIS way I could make some of the
boards available to those less ..er....

...endowed then myself....  ;^P

(I did say I like 'em big... didn't i ???)

H^) harry

--
Jihad Terrorism Conspiracy New World Order
Revolution Black Helicopters Freedom of