[sdiy] Panels and cases

Rude 66 r.lekx at chello.nl
Tue Jun 11 00:36:01 CEST 2002

> So, what's the question?  Is this a "good path" to follow?  Will Paul
> (MOTM) and Tony (Oakley) be laughing behind their soldering irons, or is
> it just one of those "no-better-no-worse" outcomes?  I guess its fine for
> me with my little fingers, but maybe not so suitable for the cloven-hooved
> among us (you know who you are....with that odd "BBD" birthmark on your
> forehead >-)

heh.. i fall into that last category too. having tested quite a few modular
systems for a dutch magazine (old and new) i find the small front plate
modulars way too small. i'd definltely go for the motm/synthesizers.com
size. i was also not too impressed by the mini jacks used by these smaller
systems.. try to avoid those if you can.
i found for me personally, the 'miniaturisation' of functions doesn't
work...the bigger, the better..;-)

r./