[sdiy] Bournes 300K pots...

J. Larry Hendry jlarryh at iquest.net
Fri Jun 7 01:02:03 CEST 2002

That was me.  I always look those surplus catalogs over for NOS.  About 6
months ago I got two Power One +/- 15 VDC regulated supplies (the read nice
ones) with a 5000 mA per rail rating, for $24.95 each.  They were NOS with
1998 date codes.  The crazy thing about the 300K pots is they come with the
real nice very hard to find 3/8" internal tooth lock washers and standard
nuts.  I have paid more than 20 cents each for the nut / star washer combo.
Am I crazy to think buying these pots at 20 cents is a good source for the
second nut you never get with pots and the nice lock washer?  Yes, I am too
anal to throw the pot away. :)
Larry H