[sdiy] Has anybody done a diy IR MIDI link ?

Tim Ressel madhun2001 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 7 00:01:15 CEST 2002

Doug,

I don't think the off-the-shelf IR solutions will
work. MIDI runs at 31.25K baud and IR usually used
40KHz. You might look into IRDA transmitter-receiver
pairs. They can probably go fast enough.

You might think about using RF. Digikey carries
several RF modules that might work. I personally used
Aerocomm RF modem modules with great success.

--TR