[sdiy] 32 channel analog sequencer?

John Speth JohnS at molectron.com
Thu Jun 6 16:53:41 CEST 2002

> >         I always wanted a sequencer with a five-way switch
> for octave and
> > a twelve-way switch for chromatic note, since most of my
> sequences are
> > quantized anyway....
>
> I've been thinking about a 7 way switch with a switch with a secondary
> resistor for the sharps/flats (standard western scale I suppose).
> seems like a 7pst switch would be easier/cheaper to find than a 12.

Here's some advice: Doepfer makes a quantizer that obviously uses a micro to
quantize to different scales.  I think using a micro might be a favorable
alternative to using expensive rotary switches for scale select and
imprecise resistor sets.

I'm winding up a quantizer design using a PIC that makes a nice foundation
for implementing quantization scales.  I'll publish the design on the web
"any day now".

John Speth
mailto:johns at molectron.com