[sdiy] PCB designing software

Sowa Roman Roman.Sowa at upc.com.pl
Tue Jun 4 09:57:42 CEST 2002

I'm using old DOS version of Protel Autotrax. It's IMHO
the fastest way to make PCBs. No bugs, It never crashed
during like 10 years. Even when I downgraded my PC from
DOS to W98, I still use it in DOS window (or full screen
actually).
EasyTrax is reduced in features, but still very good for
everyday use (who uses PCB software everyday except geeks?)
and it's free!

Windows version 2.7 as Jim mentioned seems to be good too.
My PCB fab highly recommends using this version when ordering
boards. As for version 3, they don't want to accept PCB
files from that unless you really insist.

Roman