Macintosh PCB Software FREE Re: [sdiy] Schematic to PCB problems

Hallvard Tangeraas northstar2010 at yahoo.no
Tue Jun 4 01:07:05 CEST 2002

At 15:40 -0700 03-06-02, Cynthia Webster wrote:

>Hej pa dej Hallvard!

Hi there! Are you Swedish?

>Try This link for Free Mac PCB trace Software!
>
>http://www.swcp.com/~jchavez/osmond.html

Yes, I've downloaded it and have also been in touch with the author for
suggestions on improvement. It actually even works on my old 68040 power
Macintosh computer!

As I've never used electronics design software before the learning curve is
pretty high, but I spent a while some months ago trying to figure out the
basics. I still have a lot to learn, but I'm getting there (hopefully).

Unfortunately I don't think this program will help in this case. I have a
feeling I need some sort of software where you draw the schematics, then
have it automatically "convert" it into a PCB layout with the best possible
placement of parts. Is this what they call "autorouting"?

>ps: there's also this alternative with Douglas for $
>
>http://www.douglas.com/software/pro/index.html

Yes, i've downloaded this as well, but I don't know if it will do what I
want it to. All of this stuff seems pretty complicated. I've already spent
so much time on each of these programs, each with a very high
learning-curve, only to find out later that it's not somethign I can use.
Frustrating.
But you think this is what I need to be able to make that test-oscillator?

Hallvard
--
Notator/Creator SL : <http://www.notator.org>
Atari Launchpad    : <http://launchpad.atari.org>