[sdiy] PCB designing software

oleavitt at ix.netcom.com oleavitt at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jun 3 19:11:27 CEST 2002

Hello,

I've written my own little PCB design program for M$ Windoze. All I really wanted is just something to draw traces with and print it, no autorouting or fancy features, etc.. Rather than install some humongus software package just to draw PCBs with, as a DIYer of course, I just rolled my own.
It's simply a window with light blue 0.1 inch graph paper in it and a 'palette' of various sized pads and line widths. It's far from perfect, and like my modular synth, will never be 'finished'.

For Linux and other *nix OS's, there's a program called 'Electric'. Has anybody used that? If so, how do you like it?
I intend to use that when I get my Linux box up and running, one of these days...

Cheers,
Oren