[sdiy] Poly-800 Memory problems

Rude 66 r.lekx at chello.nl
Wed Jul 31 21:32:34 CEST 2002

it still sounds like the battery to me. my crumar bit one keyboard did
exactly the same thing.. impossible values. cool thing was it also tried to
act out those values, resulting in very, very weird sounds. sometimes you
could make a track with just the different sounds under various keys.
weird.. changing the internal battery changed that.

my backup solution is an alesis datadisk. i've had it with beeeeeeeeeeepp
krrrrggggggggg type backup. too many times i stood sweating onstage, when
the mmt8 crashed 5 minuted before 'showtime' and it errored out on song 98.
even with a cd player with the burned .wav file on it. . bah! or at least
dump it as sysex via midi into a pc sequerncer and save it as midi file..

ruud