[sdiy] Companders

René Schmitz uzs159 at uni-bonn.de
Sat Aug 31 22:13:33 CEST 2002

Hi Jürgen and Everyone,

That compressor is linked to the expander. Because the frequency shifter doesn't produce delays (only some phase delay from the dome filter) this is no problem. Infact it is a good thing to do. But I don't think this scheme can be applied to a delayline, unless one would delay the steering voltage as well. Your circuit should work best for phasers and the like. For delay one would need something in which the expander reconstructs the uncompressed signal from the compressed signal alone.

Cheers,
 René

uzs159 at uni-bonn.de
http://www.uni-bonn.de/~uzs159