[sdiy] Old parts register

Neil Johnson nej22 at hermes.cam.ac.uk
Thu Aug 29 15:39:41 CEST 2002

All,

Had a brief idea last night, based on some common threads that pop up
here:

How about a dead parts register?  If I had some dead parts (eg. ZN427)
that I'd be happy to swap to maintain old synths I could register with the
dead parts register.  Then, anyone looking at repairing a synth that uses
that part can do a search on the register, find my email address and
contact me.

Does this sound sensible?  How much interest would there be in this?
Would you use such a site?

If there's enough interest I might be able to host it on my site.

Neil

--
Neil Johnson :: Computer Laboratory :: University of Cambridge ::
http://www.njohnson.co.uk          http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~nej22